Permanent Account Number or PAN is an alphanumeric 10 digit number which is helpful for a lot of things. It is issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It can also be used as an identification proof of an individual. Many of us look for tracking PAN Card Status online.
PAN card has a history we will talk later on. First, we will show you the ways you can track your PAN card if you have applied for it.
Where To Get Acknowledgment Number?
Check your mobile messages section you can search their message from AX-NSDLTN. Here is how it looks –
How To Check Pan Card Status Online
Whenever a person applies for a PAN card online or offline, it takes 2 to 21 days to post to the address registered during filling of the form. The PAN card is sent by the Income Tax Department to the area post office of the applicant. If somehow the user is not able to get it within 21 days, he/she can collect it from the area post office, as it is a government facility.
Meanwhile, the PAN card is in process, the applicant can track it in various ways. Keep in mind that you can track your PAN card only after three days of application. Here we are showing the ways to track the status of PAN card –
How to Track PAN Card Status Using Acknowledgment Number?
To track the status of PAN card using Acknowledgment number, we have to go to National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) official website.
Click to visit the NSDL Portal
- After opening the website, select Application Type as PAN for PAN Card
- Enter the Acknowledgment number below. Once the application of PAN card gets processed, the acknowledgment number is sent to the mobile number you entered during filling the form for PAN card. It is a 15 digit number.
- Enter the CAPTCHA characters in the last input box and click on Submit.
- It will show you the Name of concerned entity the PAN card belongs to, Category (Individual, Partnership, Agency, etc.), Status (Information like date of dispatch, courier company, bill number and the date of delivery), PAN number.
How to Track Status of PAN Card Using Applicant Name?
If you do not have Acknowledgment Number, don’t worry. You can still track your PAN card using your Name and Date of Birth.
Click to visit the NSDL Portal
- Open the link mentioned above
- Choose Application Type as PAN
- Click the Radio Button of NAME and Enter Last Name/Surname, First Name and Middle Name as you have mentioned in PAN Card application form
- Enter the Date of Birth that you have mentioned in application form
- Click on Submit
How to Track Status of PAN Card Through UTI?
UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited serve the facility to the applicants to track their PAN card status in their portal.
Click to visit the UTI Portal
- Enter the portal using the link above
- Enter Application Coupon Number. It is a 10 digit number you may have received in your registered email or mobile number.
- You can also enter your PAN number if you lost your Acknowledgement number.
- Enter Date of Birth of applicant filled during the application form
- Enter the Captcha shown in the image and click on the submit button.
How To Track Status of PAN Card Applied Online Through Vendor?
If you have applied for PAN Card online through PAN Card Apply Online website, then here are the steps to track your PAN Card Status –
Click to visit the PAN Card Apply Online
- Open the URL from the link mentioned above image
- Enter the Reference Number. When you have applied for PAN Card through this website, you may have received an SMS on your mobile with the Reference Number.
- Enter Date of Birth as you filled during form filling.
- Enter the Captcha in Verify input box and click on Submit.
Apart from tracking the status it online, you can also track the status offline. There are two ways to track the status offline –
Track PAN Card Via SMS
To do it, you will need Acknowledgement number. Type message –
and sent it to 57575. This facility is provided by NSDL. You will receive status including delivery date, courier company name and Bill number.
A dummy SMS look like – NSDLPAN 206489700011980
Track PAN Card Via Call
Tax Information Network has provided a telephone number where you can call and get the details. Steps to get the status –
- Call the TIN number on 020-27218080
- Select Language, press 1 for English and 2 for Hindi
- Press 1 to get the status of your PAN Card
- An agent will pick up your call where you can provide him Acknowledgement Number/PAN number/Reference Number to get the details.
- Alternatively, you can call Aykar Sampark Kendra at 0124- 2438000.
What is PAN and Why Need it?
PAN Card is an essential document nowadays. It has a 10 character alphanumeric code printed on it which uniquely identifies an entity who is responsible to pay taxes.
In the year 1976, it was made statutory for taxpayers to have PAN number by the government under section 139A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Thus, all salaried people who are having their salary exceeding no-tax limit must have a PAN number updated in their company database.
Though, anybody can apply for a PAN Card online or offline. There is no age limit to apply for a PAN card. If the user is not earning under taxes. It can help as an identity proof for him/her.
Details Mentioned in PAN Card
PAN Card can be used as an Identity proof document. Below are the details mentioned in PAN Card –
- The entity’s full name (Such as First Name and Last Name if it is an Individual or organization name)
- The 10 Digit unique PAN Number
- Picture of the entity (Either logo of organization or Individual’s passport photo)
- Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Signature of the entity
- The PAN card issued date is also mentioned
- Nowadays, new PAN cards are coming with a QR code to help new digital identification devices to identify the entity by scanning the QR code.
Structure of PAN Number
The PAN number is a set of 10 alphanumeric characters. The first five characters are alphabets, next four are numeric digits and last character is also an alphabet.
- First three characters are randomly generated sequence
- The fourth character indicates the type of categories such as Individual, Company or other
- The fifth character could either be the first letter of the applicant’s name or surname or company/firm.
- Next four digits are a random numeric sequence
- The last character is an alphabet check digit used as a check-sum to verify the validity of that current code
Who Can Opt for PAN Card?
PAN Card is not limited to individuals now. Even the Organisations, Corporate, Trusts, Firms, Authorities running locally in cities, Government, Minor (Under age 18), Seniors (Above age 60) and Hindu Undivided Families can apply for it.
How to Apply for PAN Card?
There are various ways to apply for a PAN card. You can do it online or offline. It is a very simple and user-friendly process nowadays. To make it simpler from simple, vendors are facilitating online with a little higher changes than usual.
Alternatively, you can try vendors such as PAN Card Apply Online, The PAN Card, PAN Card Online Consultancy, PAN49 and many more. All these vendors would ask for a little more money than its fee in NSDL. The fee for processing PAN application in NSDL is Rs.110.00 including taxes which may vary.
For offline users, you can download the PAN Card form from here and submit the filled-in form along with the supporting documents to the nearest PAN Card center.
Many of us don’t do this. Instead, we opt for local vendors like Cyber Cafe who can charge Rs.50-Rs.100 more and give us the form to fill. The PAN Card comes to the residential address within the next three weeks of application.
Benefits of Having a PAN Card
- To open a Current Bank Account or Savings Bank Account holding amount more than Rs.50000 require PAN
- For filling income tax returns
- Salaried account needs a PAN
- Can be used as an identity proof anywhere
What if I lost PAN Card?
If you lost your PAN card, you can again apply for a reprint through NSDL. It will charge the same as for new PAN Card and needs your PAN number. To apply for reprint of existing PAN card, Click Here.
Note: We help people to get accurate results from the search engine for their searched terms. I’m hoping for your better and easily experience.
Thank You Very Much For Reading Post/Tutorial.